This book takes you through a step-by-step of the church.
A Brief History of Seventh-day Adventists
Adventism–What does it stand for? Where did it come from? Where it is heading?
These and other questions form the backdrop for George R. Knight’s fast-reading but informative treatment of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
From the denomination’s founding to the present, A Brief History of Seventh-day Adventists takes its readers step-by-step through the development of the church. At the focal point is the missiological burden that literally propelled Adventism into every corner of the earth.
A Brief History fills the important need of providing a short but accurate history of Adventism that can be appreciated by church members and nonmembers alike. It provides an excellent starting place for the study of Seventh-day Adventism.
- Millerite Roots
- Era of Doctrinal Development
- Era of Organizational Development
- Era of Institutional and Lifestyle Development
- Era of Revival, Reform, and Expansion
- Era of Reorganization and Crisis
- Era of Worldwide Growth
- The Challenges and Possibilities of Maturity